2023 - 2024 Open Enrollment Interest Form (Click Here)
Becoming a Trailblazer Process
February 14th - March 31st, 2023
Open Enrollment Window
We will begin accepting interest forms for the 2023-2024 school year starting on February 14th - March 31st, 2023. If you are interested, please submit an interest form above.
At the end of our open enrollment window, we will determine if a lottery is required based on the amount of interest forms received and our enrollment capacity.
April 1st, 2023
Waiting List Period
An interest form submitted after April 1st, 2023 will be placed on our waiting list below our 23-24 general waitlisted lottery entries. If space becomes available, our Registration Department will reach out to you via email.
Upon submission, you should receive a confirmation email from our Registration Department with your unique submission ID.
Lottery Date: TBD
If we receive more interest forms than the spaces we have available, our Registration Department will hold a lottery. In-person attendance is not required.
if you would like further information about this process, please review our Public Random Drawing / Lottery Policy.
Want to learn more about Granite Mountain?
To learn more about granite mountain, please consider the following:
- Check out our website
- Visit our latest program guide here
- Follow us on our social media pages - Instagram and Facebook page.
- Contact one of our Registration team members via phone at (909)906-3593. We’d be happy to help answer any questions for you!
- Join one of our upcoming parent info sessions:
- TBD - More information will be provided in March, 2023.
Required Enrollment Documents
Upon acceptance and receiving the registration link, All students must provide:
- A Birth certificate, Passport, Certificate of live birth, or other evidence of birth date.
- Proof of Residency. An acceptable POR document allows the Enrollment team to verify an incoming student’s physical address.
- An example of acceptable proof of residence would be a utility bill dated within 2 months, include the name of the parent/guardian enrolling the student and listing the physical/service address.
- An immunization record OR California School Immunization Card
- If you wish to not submit an immunization record, you must complete the top portion of the California School Immunization card, sign and upload it upon registration. The vaccination information can be left blank.
- Unofficial transcripts from each school attended showing all classes attended for 9-12th grades.
- A copy of any documents pertaining to the name change, custody, etc. (if applicable)
- Copy of your student’s IEP or 504 Plan (if applicable) * If your student has had an exit IEP or 504 Plan, please upload a copy.
Student Age Requirements
In accordance with California State Law, a student’s grade level placement will be based on their date of birth. Students will be placed in the appropriate grade using this Grade Level Placement Chart. A student will be eligible for kindergarten enrollment if their birth date is on or before September 1st of the school year they wish to apply.
Students entering TK/Kindergarten, please review the following information:
- TK is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program
- A child is eligible for TK if he or she turns five between September 2 and April 2nd, 2024
Review our adopted TK/K adopted policy.
Enrollment Complaint Procedure
Pursuant to Education Code (EC) Section 47605(d)(4), charter schools are not allowed to discourage a pupil from enrolling or seeking to enroll in a charter school because the pupil exhibits any characteristics such as students with disabilities, academically low-achieving, English learners, neglected or delinquent, homeless, socially economically disadvantaged, foster youth, or based on nationality, race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.
Also pursuant to this new law, a parent, guardian, or student who is 18 years or older may file a Charter School Complaint Form to the Charter School's authorizing entity if they suspect the charter school is in violation of Education Code (EC) Section 47605(d)(4).
If you would like to file a complaint, click on the link below to access the form:
If you would prefer to receive the form via mail, please contact Registration@granitemountainschool.com and we will mail one to you.